Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week---End...

Saturday some of us met up to have a luncheon for Megan. 
Our soon to be mommy. =)
Last Sunday we had her baby shower,
but this was a little more low-key.
We were supposed to meet at Happy House in Mayfield
and enjoy lunch and "girl time."
However, for some unknown reason, 
the entire city of Mayfield was without power for 2 to 3 hours.
We ended up going to Murray to The Big Apple to eat.
I'm not sure why I didn't get a group shot of all of us, 
but the collage above are a few pics I took.
Olivia was squirmy, but she loves all of her "aunties."
It was fun just eating, catching up, talking, eating... ha.

Afterwards, Olivia and I just enjoyed a nice quiet afternoon.
It was much needed after the week we've had.
This past week a member of our church, 
who was a very dear friend of my family suddenly passed away.
Bill was 74 years old and the picture of health.
He passed away early Wednesday morning from a heart attack.
Thursday night we had the visitation and Friday was the funeral.
Bill and his wife Mary Lou are like grandparents to Ben and I.
Being so sudden, we've all been in a complete state of shock.
I've literally been physically and mentally drained.
Please hold this family up in your prayers.
I just keep thinking it's a dream and I'm going to wake up.
This morning our church service was very solemn.
Ben sang a couple of Bill's favorite songs
 and we reflected upon his life.
It's like my dad preached today, life is short, it's like a vapor...
here for a minute and then gone.
Please don't take your life or the ones around you for granted
because none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.
Bill and Mary Lou had plans of going 
camping with my mom and dad tomorrow.
The Lord obviously had other plans for them.
Please tell the ones that are dear to you how much you love them.
Life is too short to let any time pass by.
So for the ones that I know reading this...
I love you and thank you for being a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment