Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Taco Soup

Oh Taco Soup, how I've missed you.
I'm a HUGE fan of fall!
I love the cool crisp air, I love when the leaves change,
I love that FALL = FOOTBALL, like I said...
I'm a big fan of fall.
However, I'm not a big fan of 100 degree/100% humidity weather.
Unfortunately, that's what it has felt like here lately in KY.
Being pregnant and all I've had some food cravings,
but nothing major.
Well, even in this hot and humid weather,
I've been craving TACO SOUP.
I stumbled upon this recipe a couple of years ago
and it has now become a staple fall meal around our house.
Every time I fix it, it makes me think of football season and fall.
I made it last night and it was oh so good.
 Then I woke up this morning and our weather is kind of fall-like.
(I wonder if my soup had anything to do with that?)
(Kidding, of course).
It's just that this the first time in 38 days that 
the weather has been under 90 degrees!
YES, fall is on it's way!
Anywhos, besides me rambling about fall,
I thought I would share my beloved Taco Soup recipe.
Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 lg. cans Premium Chunk Chicken, drained
 or boil your own chicken
(I enjoy the simplicity of the can chicken)
1-2 Bell Peppers, sliced/diced
1 medium Onion, diced
1 can Original Rotel
1 can Great Northern Beans, drained
1 can Corn, drained
1 pkt. Original Taco Seasoning
1 box Chicken Broth
Olive oil

Directions:
Heat oil, bell pepper and onion in 1 1/2 to 2 qt. saucepan
over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
Add taco seasoning and salt and pepper, combine.
After the seasonings and vegetables are combined
add chicken broth, corn, beans, rotel and chicken.
Heat to a boil then reduce heat to low.
Serve with tortilla chips and fiesta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment