Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ramblings...

We've spent the last few days cooking, cleaning & watching "Beats" (The Fresh Beat Band). Since the kids haven't been feeling very good we've just had some low-key pajama days around the house.
This is Olivia's new favorite thing. She likes helping me cook and I can't say that I don't like it just as much as she does. :-) I have to say she's been so sweet here lately. I blame it on her not feeling good. lol! Since we've been cooped up at home the past few days I've been cooking breakfast. Olivia definitely gets it honest because I believe she likes breakfast just as much as I do. When I cook I'll set her up on the counter across from the eye that I'm using. The past few mornings I've made biscuit and gravy. She likes to help me stir the gravy.
Other than kickin' it at the house we took the kids over to my mom and dad's house last night. I think they were just as excited to see the kids as they were to see them.
Mom and Olivia had fun pushing Owen around in the car. :) Olivia ended up spending the night with them. She knew we were getting ready to leave and she kept saying "Poppy, big bed". Usually when my mom is home she doesn't spend the night with them because she keeps them up half the night. I guess mom felt bad so she told her she could stay. I think she probably regretted letting her because like usual she kept them up all night. My mom gave her a bath at 3:30 this morning!! Mom said she kept saying, "WaWa" so she gave her a bath. ????? ONLY A GRANDPARENT WOULD DO THAT!!!! 
Today since it was so nice out I took the kids to the park. It was an experience to say the least. I'll start by saying I really love our new parks that our town has; they're clean, well kept and convenient. When we arrived today there were two teenagers, a boy and a girl, underneath the play area that were literally messing around. As I walked up the guys legs were around the girl and hers around him. His pants were down and the girls breasts all but her nipples were out!! I swear they were also doing drugs because when they weren't grouping one another they were snorting something. I have never been so disgusted in all my life!! Needless to say we didn't stay there very long and then we called the cops. I also have to say I'm very disappointed in our police force because when we first called them they said as soon they had an officer available they'd send someone out. I understand that this wasn't a shooting or a car accident or a robbery, but to me, this was just as important. My little girl who has never been exposed to any kind of sexual activity was running around the play ground, breaking her neck looking at them!! Thankfully after Ben called them they said they had sent someone out. I'm hoping that they were still there when the police arrived. I've never been in that type of situation and I hope that I never have to go through it again. I'm just disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment