Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cooking Extravaganza!

Today has been a crazy day! I woke up and found our freezer to be completely thawed out!! Yeah, lots of food, lots of money, I couldn't see it all go to waste so I decided I'd start cooking like a crazed maniac!! lol! It kind of worked out because Ben and I had been talking about setting up a weekly meal plan. I hadn't really given much thought to freezer meals, but let me just say, I'm definitely thinking about it a lot more. I spent about 3&1/2 hours in the kitchen cooking, but I now have SEVEN prepared meals!! SEVEN!! (Actually nine because my Taco Soup & Chili made a double batch)!!
Here's some of the ingredients for all my lovely little meals. :)
I made Tater Tot Casserole (from the Duggar's), Chicken Alfredo Lasagna, Roasted Chicken with Vegetables, Chicken Pot Pie, Taco Soup, Chili and Baked Chicken Parm. (I'll add the other recipes to my recipe blog soon, but I'm a little bit exhausted today). :)
Here's all the food cooling down. YUM!
Packaged up and ready to go into the freezer.
Somehow I managed to fit everything in there.
I definitely think I'm going to like this freezer meal thing. As long as you have a plan in place, it's pretty simple. I think it will help cut down our grocery bill and it will give me more time to spend with my family. I look forward to not being trapped in the kitchen while they're all playing together. Even if we don't stick to the freezer meals, I still plan on using my planner and soon to be Erin Condren planner (thanks to my hubby) to make out our meals hopefully a month in advance.


No comments:

Post a Comment