Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It Won't Be Like This for Long

One of my most favorite songs is Daris Rucker's "It Won't Be Like This for Long." That song is so true. I've always heard that when you get older time just flies and I never realized it as much as I do now that I have kids. Time just goes by so fast. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing Olivia home from the hospital and now she's toddling around and has a little brother. Who would of thought it? ha.
Olivia is 18 months and Owen is months old!!
Like I said, time flies!
What have they been up to these days??

Olivia:
Weight: 22 lbs. 2 oz. Height: 29 1/4" Head Circumference: 18 1/2"
(Yes, she'll be one of the shortest in her class... I wonder where she gets that from?) LOL!
She is little Ms. Thang! I honestly think she is the funniest person that I know. She always has us laughing. She's really into watching Dora, Olivia & The Veggie Tales. She LOVES music. When she hears music either on the radio, tv or at church she just starts dancing. It's so funny because she'll spin around in circles, clapp her hands and stomp one of her feet. We just laugh and laugh. She's very vocal, that's for sure. She's really talking. She'll pretty much repeat anything you ask her to, but the words she says the most are Momma, Dada or daddy, Oween (Owen) or Bubba, Mimi, Poppa (Poppy), Dorda (Dora) and Peease (please). She always says Meemean (Amen) after we pray or she hears someone praying at church. She usually yells it out. It's quite funny.
She LOVES her bubba. I have a feeling that they'll be inseperable. She kisses him 1000 times a day. If he cries she starts saying Oween or Bubba. She pats him on the back like she's trying to burp him. They're pretty cute together.

Owen:
Weight: 16 lbs. 3 oz. Height: 23 1/4" Head Cirumference: 16 1/2"
He's a chunky monkey! He's in the 75th percentile for weight and only the 3rd percentile in height. Pretty much he's short and fat. (I'm hoping that he'll grow out of that).
He hates his bed. I think he's slept in it through the night once. Most nights he sleeps in his swing. However, he's still NOT sleeping through the night. =( I hate it because Olivia has slept through the night ever since she was a month old, but Owen just absolutely refuses to sleep through the night. I usually have to get up with him a couple times during the night & then Ben usually gets up with him once. He wears me out.
(Not sure why this picture is sideways)
Other than not sleeping, he is a great baby. Sometimes he's a little bit clingy, but for the most part he is very laid back. I can definitely tell that him & Olivia have totally different personalities. She's such a people person. She never meets a stranger. When we go to Wal-Mart she has to say hi and bye to everyone that she sees and then she has to blow them all kisses, so needless to say I usually try to go to Wal-Mart by myself. LOL! Owen on the other hand is a happy baby, but he's just not Mr. Personality.
He's on Good Start Protect Plus Formula and we're starting to introduce rice cereal to him. For the most part he's taking it pretty good. He loves 1/2 strength apple juice. I'd say his juice is probably his favorite thing.
I'm so glad that they have each other to grow up with. I was so scared that Olivia would try to kill him or be extremely jealous, but she's right the opposite. She absolutely loves and adores Owen and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about her. They are so sweet! I can't imagine our lives without them. They definitely keep us on our toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment