Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Tomb Is Empty!

Easter is such a wonderful time to celebrate our Risen Saviour! I know that we need to celebrate Him everyday, but to have a particular day set aside and celebrate what Jesus did for us when He died on the cross and rose again is just amazing! As I've gotten older, Easter seems to have a more special meaning to me. I remember when I was little I would wake up on Easter morning and go running to our bathroom (that's where my Easter basket always was... random, I know) and tear into my Easter basket. I could not wait to see what the "Easter bunny" had brought me. After I would get my Easter basket we would go to church (in my pjs) for our sunrise service, then eat breakfast, then come home and change into my "Easter dress" and then go back to church. Fun fun. Now, Easter means something TOTALLY different! Easter, to me, is giving God the glory for EVERYTHING that He has done for us and just taking extra time out of our busy schedule and acknowledging that we serve an awesome and amazing God who sent His only son to die on the cross and on the third day rose again to save us! He is truly amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment