Monday, June 28, 2010

Catching Up~ Olivia is 8 months old

Thankfully this weekend I started feeling like myself again.
Praise the Lord! =)
Let me just tell you, it's not fun being sick.
I'm hoping and praying that I'm over all of it.
Anywhos, I guess this will kind of be a little catch up post
(mostly for our remembrance, but hopefully you'll enjoy it too).
While being sick Olivia turned 8 months old!!
I still can't believe how the time is flying by.
She weighs around 18 pounds.
She LOVES to eat!!!
Usually she eats 4 to 6 baby food jars a day with a few bottles in between.
Like I said... she LOVES to eat. ha!
She does not like mashed/whipped potatoes.
Random, I know, but she gags and spits them out. ha.
However, she LOVES home-made sugar free strawberry ice cream.
(Her poppy feeds it to her every night if we're up at the lake).
And she LOVES gravy, but come on, who doesn't love some gravy. ha.
Like I said, the child LOVES to eat.
She is still not crawling yet, but she likes being on her stomach and she can semi-crawl backwards and she spins around in circles. She can pretty much get to what she wants, but she just doesn't want to crawl. She'll lay in the floor and look like she's swimming, but she won't put her knees under her enough to actually crawl.
In a way, it's kind of entertaining. ha.
But, she likes to pull up. I've decided that she's not going to crawl and she's just going to start walking. She's always pulling up and she loves standing up.
She's such a MESS!!
Everyday she's getting bigger and bigger and finally she's starting to get more hair.
It's really blond, but it's there. YAY!
She's wearing a size 3 diaper and anywhere from 3-6 to 6-9 months clothes.
(It just depends on how it's made).
She loves pulling her bows off her head and she's not the biggest fan of shoes, but I can't blame her because it's just too hot.
Other than that, she's really getting a personality and she makes us laugh everyday.
While I was admitted in the hospital she started talking.
Her new words are: "ba ba and bye bye."
She's also started to wave, but she waves bye to herself not to other people. ha.
It's really the cutest thing.
I was thinking this past weekend and I really don't remember our lives before her.
I have no clue what we did with all of our time... last night she spent the night with her Mimi and Poppy and we were just lost without her.
She definitely makes our lives complete!

Olivia~ we love you with all of our hearts!!
Love, Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I must say that holding her all during church yesterday, my arms are sore. I can't believe how big she has gotten!! I must say I love that little girl with all my heart, as well as you guys and I am so happy that I have the pleasure of knowing you guys. It's kinda nice having these blogs so I can save Olivia's pictures on my computer and show everyone my adorable little niece!!! Also she's special because she was born the same month me and Austin started dating, so each month you remind me how long we have been dating :)

    ReplyDelete