I usually post DIY products on Thursdays, but today is an exception. I'm still being thrifty, but I'm cooking instead of making up some concoction like laundry detergent. I had some bananas that were ripe and needed to be used or pitched. Since I didn't want to throw something away that I spent money on this recipe was born.
The Best Cupcake EVER... Banana Cupcakes ... You will want to make these.
2-3 Ripe Bananas, 1 cup All Purpose Flour, 1/8 tsp. Salt, 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda, 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup Sugar, 1 Stick Softened Unsalted Butter, 1 tsp. Vanilla, 1/4 cup Sour Cream.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a small bowl. Smash & Mix bananas. Set aside.
2. Mix Flour, Salt, Baking Powder and Baking Soda together in a bowl and set aside.
3. Cream Butter and Sugar together. Add Sour cream and vanilla. Mix together.
4. Add in eggs. Mix together. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Mix.
5. Add in Smashed Bananas. Mix together.
6. Pour batter into cupcakes liners and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
4 Tablespoons of Whipping Cream, 1 Stick softened Butter, 2 Cups powdered Sugar, 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp. Vanilla.
1. In a bowl cream butter.
2. Add powdered Sugar and Cocoa Powder, mix on low.
3. When mixture is combined, add vanilla and whipping cream. Mix together.
If mixture is too thick add a little more whipping cream. If it's too thin add a little more powdered sugar until you get your desired consistency.
Here's the finished product with a couple bites taken out of it. ;-)
They are so good. I honestly think it's the best cupcake I've ever made. They're very moist and the frosting with the banana is just delish! So, if you've got ripe bananas laying around you can make some really good cupcakes!