Thursday, June 23, 2011

The BIG 2-0, 20 months that is =)

I can't believe Olivia is 20 months old today!! I know I say this quite often, but I can't believe how big she's getting... it seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital and now she's running around and talking, time just goes by way too fast.
Olivia is in to EVERYTHING these days!! Just the other day I was still at work and Ben was on Facebook and somehow Olivia wrote on my wall "Cc@fohcgnnidiugg":\k" Ben then wrote, "That was Olivia, I'm not sure what she said, but she meant it." LOL! She's so funny. That same day, she also called and left me the sweetest voicemail. She said, "Mommy, mommy, mommy" (in the cutest voice) and then she blew me a few kisses and said, "Bye, bye." It's things like that that make my heart melt.
She's also got where she will come up to Ben or me and just wrap her arms around our legs and give us hugs. It's so sweet. Ben and I both like to say it's times like that that make it all worth it! LOL! However, she can be a little stinker. She's going through the hitting phase and I've pretty much decided that one way or the other she's going to be broke from it. She's not really trying to hit any one, she just swats her hands like she wants to hit. It's ridiculous. Time out and spankings are pretty much a regular occurrence around here.
She still LOVES her blankie as you can see. Wherever she goes, it goes. Half of the time she wants to put it in the bath with her, but we obviously don't allow that. Her favorite foods these days are doggies (hot dogs), sausage biscuits and bananas. She used to have a love for some chicken nuggets, but I think we're getting out of that phase. Her favorite words to say are: No (lol!), Daddy, Mommy, Bubba, Owen, Mimi, Poppy's (yes, it went from Poppy to Poppy's, I think it's because we always ask her if she wants to go to Mimi & Poppy's house), juice, blankie, Dora, Tales & Livie (Olivia). Other funny things that she's been doing/saying.. when we say our prayers, she says, "me-men" that means Amen. LOL! She's one funny girl. She LOVES her bubba. I was so scared when we found out that we were expecting Owen that when he got here she would try to kill him, but it's been completely opposite. She loves him dearly and I'm pretty sure the feelings are mutual. =)

Olivia,
You are the sweetest, most rotten, loving, most crazy girl I know, but I sure do love you for it!!! Please slow down and stop growing. LOL! You're just getting way too big, way too fast. I love you with all of my heart and "as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment