Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I absolutely love the weekends, but what I love even more is long holiday weekends. I always enjoy getting to spend time with my friends and family on the weekends, but holiday weekends always seem extra special. We had a great time at the lake this weekend. Usually on holiday weekends our church will cancel our Sunday evening service and this weekend was no different. We didn't have church Sunday night, so we had a huge fish fry up at my parent's trailer at the lake. I can't even begin to tell you how good the food was. We had so much to eat, but man it sure was DELICIOUS!!! I'm usually not a fish fan, but I can say, my dad sure knows how to cook some fish. =) Several of our friends and my parent's friends came up and enjoyed the day. Later that evening Sean and Alyssa came back up and spent the night and we enjoyed a nice day on the lake.
Ben, Sean, Olivia, Owen & Addi playing in the water.
Don't you just love their little life-jackets? We went to as my dad says, "my mom's favorite store... Shop-A-Rama and picked these up. They're called "Puddle Jumpers."
Ben and my little water lover... Olivia. =)
Sean, Owen & Alyssa. Doesn't Alyssa look great? She's expecting Baby Asher!! (I can't wait!!!) =)

It's always fun to get together with friends and family, but let's not forget why we celebrate this weekend. I'd like to give a special thanks to our troops overseas who fight to protect our country to keep it free. Freedom is not free, it's paid with a HIGH price and I'd like to thank our troops and veterans for fighting for us!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment