Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Door Tutorial

So I'm loving Pinterest. I love all the cute, crafty, creative ideas that I find. It helps me get my creative juices flowing. If you know me, then you know that I LOVE to decorate for Christmas! It's one of my most favorite things! However, the past two years I've been either preggo or taking care of a newborn, so this year I'm going ALL out for Christmas. I've had my trees up for a week now, but today I decorated my front door and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out so I thought I would share.
First I attached my garland to the frame around our door. I bought my garland last week at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 price.. $3.50 per strand!
(Please ignore the broken light, it's getting replaced this week ;)
After it was secured to the door frame, I started with my deco mesh. I took one end of the mesh and used floral wire and attached it to the top of the garland. (I started from the top & worked my way down each side). I then made "poofs" & used the garland to secure them.
After I finished with the red deco mesh I interwove the green mesh. I attached it to the top with floral wire & made a "faux bow". I made one big poof & then when I started down the other side I made another big poof & it looks like a bow on the top, but it's just two poofs.

After I got both the red & green mesh attached I then attached ornaments with the floral wire just to give it that extra sparkle.
I've since added more ornaments since this, but it's too dark for me to get a good picture. I'll do a post on my trees & such later this week & show the updated version with all the ornaments.
I hope this tutorial helps. It was a lot easier then I thought it would be and I did it all while the kiddos were napping which makes for one happy momma. :-)
 Happy Decorating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment