Monday, July 23, 2012

God Supplies All Our Needs

Back in April I wrote a post The Happenings of Our Crazy Life, at that time Ben was still looking for a full-time job. Not too long after that (sorry I can't remember the exact date) Ben got hired on full-time at another local hospital making more money than he's ever made. No we aren't millionaires or anything like that, but it's amazing how God provides. He's working in a sleep lab and there are sometimes that patients call and cancel/reschedule their sleep studies. This just goes along with the job. Last week this happened and I knew from our budget that this month would already be a "tight" month. This happened on Tuesday. Ben received a phone call saying his patient had cancelled their sleep study. When your husband is your only source of income and that's 12 hours of pay gone, you start to worry. It's crazy how the devil just creeps in. Not 20 minutes after Ben received that call, his other job (the prn job) called and asked him if he wanted to come in that someone had called in sick so he could go in and make time and a half for 12 hours! AMAZING!! God is so good! You would think that I would learn not to worry and just leave it to God because He always provides, but being human I don't think I'll ever be able to truly stop worrying, but God is teaching me that if I just depend solely on Him He will provide my EVERY need according to His riches in Glory. I honestly can't tell you how many times things like that have happened these past few months. Ben has been in awe and so have I. God is God and always will be God. He knows our every need before we even ask. I used to think that I was the one in control and I tried to work more or do more and then we would have more, but God is slowly teaching me and Ben that it's not about us at all, but it's all about Him. If we just rely on Him HE will see us through.
This was not even what I planned on blogging about today. I just thought I'd post some pictures of the kids and write about what we've been up to, but it seems God had another plan. If you don't know Him as your personal savior it's never too late to ask Him into your heart. Don't let another day pass without letting Him be in control of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment