Monday, May 2, 2011

Mommy's Weekend Off

This past weekend the ladies from our church went on our yearly weekend retreat to Branson, MO to go to a Women's Conference at Bro. Jerry & Sis. Merlene's church (the one's who did Owen and Olivia's baby dedications). I look forward to going to this every year. However, this year I was a little apprehensive because I didn't take the kids with me. This was the first time that I'd been away from them. I went back and forth and back and forth about going. Between all the flooding that's been going on around here and just going away from them, I really debated it, thankfully I have a wonderful husband and he kept encouraging me to go and I'm so glad that he did. He took off work Friday and we left early Friday morning and came back Sunday afternoon.
We had such a good time. We usually stay at The Keeter Center. Usually we get the Presidential and Vice Presidential Suites. They're always so nice. Unfortunately, this year they were already booked, so I went on a wild internet goose chase trying to find us somewhere where we could all stay together. I went to HomeAway and searched for homes in Branson and I came across one that I just fell in love with. It was a new construction, it had 5 bedrooms, 3 baths. It could sleep 15 to 16 people. Does it sound nice yet? Well, it was!
This picture doesn't even do it justice, but it was so nice and relaxing. It's in a new subdivision which is close to Lake Taneycomo called Branson Canyon. I can't wait to stay here again. We've never all been able to stay together. We've usually had to split everyone up and stay like 6 to 8 people to a room, but this was so nice because everyone got to be together, but we still had our own privacy since there was so many bedrooms.
Another major reason why I didn't back out of the trip is because my friend Allie went with us. This was her first time to go to the Women's Conference with us and we both had a blast.
Sheila Isom was the one who ministered over the weekend and let me just tell you, if you've never heard her, you are missing out! She is truly an AWESOME woman of God. We've known her for several years and it was so good to get to spend some time with her and her prayer warrior Candace.
Church was just amazing. God really spoke to me and revealed bits and pieces of what lies ahead for our family. Some of it scares me to no end, but some of it makes me wish that it would just happen right now! We truly serve an awesome God.
Ever since we've got back home I've had this Clint Brown song going over and over in my mind. Here's the lyrics:
Waiting on You, Waiting on You, patiently waiting on You, I ain't worried about the time, cause Lord I seem to find strength while I'm waiting on You.
They that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength, they will mount up with wings like an eagle, they will run and never be weary, they will walk and never faint, that is why I choose to wait.

Waiting isn't always fun, but it is necessary when you are working for the Kingdom. Just like Jesus, He wasn't just thrown into this thing. The Lord first spoke to Mary and then Joseph... and well, you know how the rest of the story goes. My point is if we can just wait and hold on to the promises of God, He will not fail! It may not be in our time, it's usually not, but He is always RIGHT on time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment